Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Delicious & festive little cookie balls. You can also flatten them out a bit if you like for a more traditional shape.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3 cups sweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 cup candied cherry, or, candied fruit mix, coarsley chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, milk, extracts and salt in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended (mixture may look curdled). On low speed, beat in flour until combined. Stir in 1 cup coconut and the cherries.
- Put remaining coconut into a bowl. Drop rounded measuring teaspoons dough into coconut; rolling gently to coat. Place 2-in. apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until coconut is toasted and cookies are set. Cool slightly on baking sheet on a wire rack before moving directly on baking sheet to completely cool.