Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very cute cookies for your holiday trays...pretty easy, too :)
Make and share this Santa's Whiskers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped candied cherry
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Cream together butter and sugar; blend in milk and extract.
- Stir in flour, cherries and pecans.
- Form dough into two 8 inch rolls.
- Roll in flaked coconut to coat outside.
- Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill thoroughly.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375* until edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
I made these at Christmas, just forgot to put the review in until now. These were fabulous and very easy to do. I made them to hand out in little bags to my co-workers and got alot of positive comments on them. will definitly become a yearly tradition with me!
These are tasty and very pretty on the tray, the cherries turned the dough a pinkish colour - cute! Chopping the cherries finely was a good idea (looks prettier and also made it easier to cut the logs into cookie rounds). I didn't even bother with the pecans, just added extra cherries.
Easy to make and great to eat. We really enjoyed the coconut on the outside.