Recipe by Ann Stone
These colorful cookies have a light taste - for those who want a cookie not-so-rich! And they look pretty too--the chopped cherries add red and green and the coconut is slightly toasted after baking.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied cherry (red or green or combination of both)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour, mixing well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Form into 2 logs, approx 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll in coconut until each log is well coated.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Chill an hour or longer.
- Cut 1/4-inch slices and bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.