Recipe by mermaidmagic
From Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. A woman in my husband's office makes these for him at Christmas time. He just loves them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped candied red cherries
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in flour, then cherries and pecans.
- Shape into three 7-inch rolls.
- Roll dough in coconut to coat outside.
- Wrap in waxed paper or clean plastic wrap.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375 oven for 12 minutes or until edges are golden.