Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
These are great to make at Christmas.
Top Review by Mrsjack
I have been making this cookie for my 2 boys since they were very young. My younger son is now turning 18 and this is still his favorite cookie. If there is anything he asks for at Christmas, it's these Thumbprint cookies!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup firmly packed sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal (Quick or Old Fashioned)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely chopped nuts
- 2⁄3 cup fruit preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat Crisco and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add combined oats, flour and salt; mix well.
- Form 1 inch balls; roll in nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press centers with thumb; fill with preserves.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack; cool completely.