Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
We live in LA, so unless we go to the mountains, no white christmas for us. I made this pie for my son and wouldn't I know his DD being the comic he thinks he is, told him old Rudolph the reindeer must have had alittle accident on his snow pie. After the tears of laughter from my DH and howls from my son, I went into the kitchen, took the shaved chocolate off the pie, added alittle more whipped topping and told him Santa just now came back and gave him another pie from the North Pole. By the way, my son loved his snow pie and DH will get a lump of coal in his stocking next year for that blunder along with duct tape for his mouth.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 peppermint hard candies, crushed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 can whipped topping (aerosol)
- chocolate shavings
- In a saucepan with the boiling water slowly stir in the sugar and salt, cook until clear- set aside.
- With an electric mixer in a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add sugar mixture to mixing bowl slowly, add vanilla and crushed candies blending well with mixer.
- Chill mixture about 1 hour.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Top with whipped topping.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.