Recipe by SusieQusie
Another easy treat from the Texas Co-op Power 2006 holiday recipe contest.
Top Review by Outta Here
I am not rating this because mine were really crumbly. Susie's recipes are always so good, so I think I did something wrong. They were delicious, but fell apart when picked up. My oven temp. is right and baked the written amount of time. Sorry, Susie :(
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick or similar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh is best)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF & grease or spray a large cookie sheet.
- Mix sugar & butter till light & fluffy. Add vanilla & eggs, beat until smooth. Stir in baking mix, spices & salt till combined.
- Turn dough onto baking sheet and pat into a 10-inch by 3-inch rectangle.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3/4-inch slices & place cut side up on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each piece over & bake 10 minutes more. Remove from oven & sheet & cool on a rack.
- In a small saucepan, heat chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until fully melted. (could do this in the microwave).
- Spread chocolate on 1 side of cooled biscotti or dip to coat 1/2 of length.