1/6 Photos of Santa Rosalia Style Hot Dogs
Galley Wench's Note:
Santa Rosalia is a small Mexican mining town located on the coast of the Sea of Cortez (Baja Side). Their claim to fame is a church built by Gustave Eiffel and their hot dogs! At dusk every night, a street cart parks across from the church and sets up for business. Their hot dogs are wrapped in bacon and served on a slightly sweet bun, with a 'sea' of condiments to choose from. They are, by far, the best hot dogs I've ever eaten! NOTE: So far I've not been successful in replicating their buns, but this recipe is still wonderful with a high quality store bought buns (such as Sara Lee Soft and Smooth Buns) or Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns ! UPDATE: I've been making them on a griddle on the stove top and it works great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns, Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1Mix together chopped tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeno and set aside.
- 2Preheat grill to medium/high.
- 3Wrap hot dogs with bacon, securing with a tooth pick.
- 4Warm hot dog buns and wrap in foil.
- 5Grill dogs to desired crispness, turning often.
- 6Serve on buns with assorted condiments.
- 7ENJOY! :=) .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Rosalia Style Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 29.2 mg
- Sodium 788.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 10.6 g