Barb in WNY's Note:
A quick to put together cake. Please note, if you keep cake for more than 24 hours, it should be refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, beat egg whites until; stiff and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- 3Beat in egg yolks and lemon rind.
- 4Stir together flour and baking powder and then beat into creamed mixture.
- 5Fold in egg whites gently but thoroughly.
- 6Spread batter evenly in a greased and floured tube pan. ( There will be a little over 1-inch of batter in pan.)
- 7Arrange plums skin side down, attractively over batter.
- 8Bake cake in a 375F oven for 40 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick.
- 9Transfer to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Rosa Plum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g