1/2 Photos of Santa Maria Tri-Tip
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs beef tri-tip roast or 2 -3 lbs top sirloin roast
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, fresh-ground
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused vegetable oil
- 1Mix together the black pepper, garlic, onion, paprika, cayenne, rosemary, and salt and rub on the meat. Let stand at 1-4 hours.
- 2Prepare the barbecue grill, using water-soaked oak chips (preferred, if you can find them) or mesquite chips on the charcoal to produce smoke.
- 3Drizzle the oil slowly into vinegar, whisking rapidly. Brush on the meat as soon as you put it on the grill.
- 4Grill the meat over direct heat, medium-high. Turn at least 3 times, basting every time. Grill 30-35 minutes, to 140 degrees F.
- 5Slice about 1/8" to 1/4" thick across the grain and serve with corn tortillas and salsa.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Maria Tri-Tip
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic-infused vegetable oil