Recipe by Kitchencrazy in NC
Saw this recipe in a magazine & it was interesting. Tried it- LOVED IT!!!! Served it with sliced french bread, buttered & toasted on the grill, a side salad & ranch-style beans. YUM!!!
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup tomato base barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid from a jar pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 sirloin tri-tip steak (2 lb.) or 1 top sirloin steak (2 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add meat; marinate for several hours.
- Heat girll.
- Wipe excess marinade from meat.
- Apply meat seasoning (1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoons pepper, 1/2 teaspoons meat seasoning-McCormick or Susie Q's).
- Grill steak over medium until cooked to taste, usually 25 to 30 minutes. (For medium-rare, the temp should be 145 degrees).
- Let meat rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice very thin.