Recipe by susie cooks
This is great with grilled tri-tip. From Cooking Light magazine.
Top Review by Engrossed
GREAT! Made as directed with the suggested Muir Glen tomatoes. I subbed garlic salt for regular salt. I made this at the last minute when my tri-tip was already done and it was still really really good, so I know the leftovers will be even better. We also enjoyed it with sour cream and beans. I wasn't sure I would like the celery in it but it gave it the perfect crunch! I used to live in San Luis Obispo where they would have Santa Maria style tri-tip at their farmers market...loved it...must be the garlic powder and pepper that gives it the name. Made for the Please Review tag game.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansfire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (such as Muir Glen)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as tabasco)