Recipe by CIndytc
I saw this recipe by Jeanne Benedict on the Today show with Kathi Lee & Hoda, I had to copy it and put it here for safe keeping...it looked perfect for the Holidays. http://www.jeannebenedict.com/
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce coconut rum
- 1⁄2 ounce grenadine (1 T.)
- candy cane (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together powdered sugar and water on a small saucer until smooth. Spread coconut in a shallow layer on another saucer. Dip the rum of a martini glass in the sugar mixture until the rum is coated. Then, dip the sugared rim into the coconut. Use a spoon to pack the coconut on to the sugar coating so it stays on the rim.
- Add the cranberry juice, coconut rum, and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a prepared Martini glass and serve. Garnish with a candy cane.