Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I combined elements from the other Santa Fe recipes on this site to make this version. I think the adobo spread and vegetable relish benefit from a night in the fridge; it's probably not essential, but it sure makes assembly a breeze to have prepped everything the night before.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temp or softened (NOT reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaf, ribs removed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup guacamole
- Whisk adobo sauce into cream cheese. Adjust heat to taste. Refrigerate.
- Combine pepper, corn, beans, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Refrigerate.
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of adobo cream cheese out to the edge. Place lettuce leaves across the middle third of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Using a slotted spoon, spread 1/3 cup vegetable relish over lettuce. Spread a generous 2 T. guacamole over relish and top with additional lettuce. Enclose sides and roll up, finishing seam side down.
Love, Love, Love this! It is perfect as written. The flavors mingle together perfectly and is absolutely delicious! I can't wait to enjoy this on a hot Summer night. It is going straight into my "Favorites of 2011" cookbook right away! The only thing I might do next time is double the cream cheese mixture. I am not sure I have enough for my leftovers. Thanks for sharing!
What a great and flavorful wrap! I left out the cilantro, otherwise made as specified. The adobo cream cheese was a great touch - added some zip and some creaminess. DH had his with homemade guacamole and I had mine without - we really enjoyed this sandwich - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009