Recipe by HopeJohnJP
I combined elements from the other Santa Fe recipes on this site to make this version. I think the adobo spread and vegetable relish benefit from a night in the fridge; it's probably not essential, but it sure makes assembly a breeze to have prepped everything the night before.
Top Review by Julie F
Love, Love, Love this! It is perfect as written. The flavors mingle together perfectly and is absolutely delicious! I can't wait to enjoy this on a hot Summer night. It is going straight into my "Favorites of 2011" cookbook right away! The only thing I might do next time is double the cream cheese mixture. I am not sure I have enough for my leftovers. Thanks for sharing!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temp or softened (NOT reduced fat)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head romaine lettuce leaf, ribs removed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup guacamole
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk adobo sauce into cream cheese. Adjust heat to taste. Refrigerate.
- Combine pepper, corn, beans, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Refrigerate.
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of adobo cream cheese out to the edge. Place lettuce leaves across the middle third of the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Using a slotted spoon, spread 1/3 cup vegetable relish over lettuce. Spread a generous 2 T. guacamole over relish and top with additional lettuce. Enclose sides and roll up, finishing seam side down.