Recipe by Chef Lindsay
My sister tuned me into this easy salad. It is so yummy and you can change it up to whatever you have on hand. The dressing is what really makes it, and it is so easy.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 cooked chicken breasts (rotisserie works or sometimes I George Forman them, chopped or shredded)
- jicama (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- corn tortilla strips (optional)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash all veggies and mix together in a large bowl with all the other ingredients.
- Mix ranch dressing with barbecue sauce. It doesn't matter how much you make, as long as it is a 1 to 1 ratio. This is the dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro and/or tortilla strips. I have found them already made at the grocery store, or you can make your own.
- I like to put a little of the dressing mixed in with the chicken and then have the rest separate and each person can put on the desired amount.