Recipe by CJAY
The cooking method used here serves two purposes: Broiling the chicken allows it to brown, while baking it covered helps the chicken to retain it's moisture and juices. I got this from Cooking Club of America.
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in with skin
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 12x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine seasonings; mix well. Reserve 1 teaspoons seasoning mixture;set aside. To remaining seasoning mixture, add bread crumbs; mix well.
- In medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add corn, cheese, cilantro and bread crumb mixture; mix well.
- Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form pocket between skin and meat. Fill each pocket with about 1/2 cup corn mixture; secure opening with toothpick. place skin side up in baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved seasoning.
- Broil 4-6 inches from heat 5-7 minutes or until skin is brown.
- Remove baking dish from oven; cover with foil. Heat oven to 350*. Bake 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear.