Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bursting with southwestern flavor, this recipe comes from TOH.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 2 teaspoons red currant jelly
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (optional)
- 4 New York strip steaks (about 1 inch and 7oz each)
- In small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Transfer to blender or food processor adding chilies, cilantro, jalapeno, jelly bouillon, worcestershire, garlic, seasoned salt and oregano, process until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper, then broil 4-6 inches from heat for 4-8 minutes or until reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with sauce and sprinkle with cheese if desired.