Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Easy--great for a cold night
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons dried green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or any brand you have)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- In Dutch oven, heat oil and then brown stew meat. Add tomatoes, carrots, onion, taco mix, green chilies, and seasoned salt; blend well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water and flour; blend well. Stir into stew mixture. Add pinto beans and simmer 15 minutes more.