Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheddar's Santa Fe Spinach Dip is amazing but VERY fattening! I found their recipe and altered it to make is healthier but still cheesey and yummy with a little SW kick! Even my picky- nothing green guy- ate this and loved it!
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 green onion, diced, to garnish (optional)
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened- room temp
- 1 (5 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, skim
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated- low fat is great too
- 1 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in skillet over medium until softened.
- Add tomatoes and chilies, cook 2 minutes.
- Squeeze thawed spinach until dry. I use a potato ricer to squeeze it easily.
- In a large bowl combine spinach, cheeses, cream cheese, milk, vinegar, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add the mixture from the skillet and stir just until combined.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and spoon everything into dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Garnish with extra sour cream and green onion if desired.
- Great with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggie sticks. Also really good as a filling for baked potatoes or a dip with baked potato wedges or fries.
It was hideous it Had no taste or no grace i beleive it had to many igredients taking away taste from each other. Thr evaporated milk was not needed as well as the parmesan cheese I beleave thses two items took away the taste. I dont recommend this recipie it wasnt that zesty. Try a more simple ingredients
This tasted good. And it made a LOT of dip...which is a plus. But, the other ingredients that aren't usually found in most spinach dips (tomatoes, chilies vinegar & milk) didn't bring wow to the dip..it still tasted like spinach dip...I think I'll stick with my regular recipe with fewer ingredients and save this one for when I'm going to be feeding a crowd.
People seemed to like this at my Christmas party. I don't think I will make it again out of personal preference but thank you !