1/2 Photos of Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Cheddar's Santa Fe Spinach Dip is amazing but VERY fattening! I found their recipe and altered it to make is healthier but still cheesey and yummy with a little SW kick! Even my picky- nothing green guy- ate this and loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 green onion, diced, to garnish (optional)
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened- room temp
- 1 (5 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, skim
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated- low fat is great too
- 1 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1Sauté onion in skillet over medium until softened.
- 2Add tomatoes and chilies, cook 2 minutes.
- 3Squeeze thawed spinach until dry. I use a potato ricer to squeeze it easily.
- 4In a large bowl combine spinach, cheeses, cream cheese, milk, vinegar, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir well. Add the mixture from the skillet and stir just until combined.
- 5Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and spoon everything into dish.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is light brown.
- 7Garnish with extra sour cream and green onion if desired.
- 8Great with pita chips, tortilla chips or veggie sticks. Also really good as a filling for baked potatoes or a dip with baked potato wedges or fries.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 354.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat parmesan cheese