Recipe by Smilynn
Very flavorful, easy to prepare soup recipe. I don't know the origin of this recipe. I got it from a friend.
Top Review by cbarnes_10556299
This soup is excellent and great for a "crowd"! In all fairness, this recipe is published in "Food for Thought", by The Junior League of Birmingham Alabama, which has a copyright of 1995.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn niblets
Directions See How It's Made
- brown beef with chopped onion and drain.
- mix all ingredients (do not drain cans) together.
- bring to a boil.
- cover and simmer 30 minutes minimum.
- top servings with sour cream and shredded cheddar if desired.
- serve with tostida scoops.
- This recipe can be cut in half by using one can of everything, one each of seasoning pkgs and half a can of rotel.