Recipe by designerchef in Chicagoland, Illinois
This is a very good hearty soup that is almost thick enough to eat as a dip! Always watching my weight, this fits the bill for taco night and I don't feel guilty. I switched it up a bit so that it is non-dairy for my allergic son.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageel paso taco seasoning mix (non dairy)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagelawry's fajita seasoning mix (non-dairy)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with green peppers, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers, undrained
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain in strainer. Return to heat and add chopped onion, taco mix and fajita mix. Add remaining ingredients as listed above. Add water and let simmer uncovered for at least 2 hours. If the soup is too thick, you may add more water but keep simmering.
- When serving, garnish the soup with cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, a dollop of sour cream and nacho chips.
- To lower sodium in recipe, drain beans and rinse them. Add an extra 1-1/2 cups water if you drain the beans.
- Yields 4 quarts.
- Freezes well.