2 hrs 10 mins
This is a very good hearty soup that is almost thick enough to eat as a dip! Always watching my weight, this fits the bill for taco night and I don't feel guilty. I switched it up a bit so that it is non-dairy for my allergic son.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package el paso taco seasoning mix (non dairy)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package lawry's fajita seasoning mix (non-dairy)
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with green peppers, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain in strainer. Return to heat and add chopped onion, taco mix and fajita mix. Add remaining ingredients as listed above. Add water and let simmer uncovered for at least 2 hours. If the soup is too thick, you may add more water but keep simmering.
- 2When serving, garnish the soup with cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, a dollop of sour cream and nacho chips.
- 3To lower sodium in recipe, drain beans and rinse them. Add an extra 1-1/2 cups water if you drain the beans.
- 4Yields 4 quarts.
- 5Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Soup
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 188.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with peppers