Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is in between a soup and chili. I love it because it's relatively healthy (low-fat) and thinner than a lot of other chili recipes. Easy and delicious!!! You don't have to second-guess how the flavor will come out because it's always good.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) packets ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 (14 -21 ounce) cans corn (can mix white or yellow)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- In a large pot, saute meat and onion together until meat it cooked through.
- Stir in seasonings.
- Add remaining ingredients (and juice from all cans) and simmer for 2 hours.
- Garnish with sour cream, sliced green onion, chopped pickled jalapeno, shredded cheddar cheese, and either tortilla chips or Fritos.
My sister and her husband love this recipe and I made it for them for their Halloween party this year. I tripled the ingredients and there was very little of it left. Everyone seemed like they liked it. Thanks for sharing..it's a keeper.
My family loved this soup! The only changes I made were to only add 1 pack of ranch and 1 pack of taco seasoning since it seemed like it would be too salty for our tastes with both. I plan on making this for our next get together with friends since it was delicious & so easy to make ahead. Thank you!
Absolutely delicious. I followed the recipe exactly without adding chilies.