Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Fresh and tasty. Perfect for those warm days when a heavy meal is just too much. This from Easy Entertaining cookbook.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild salsa
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 cup french's French-fried onions
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Combine salsa, avocado, cayenne pepper sauce, lime juice and cilantro. Alternately layer shrimp and salsa mixture in 6 margarita or martini glasses.
- Microwave french fried onions for 1 minute until golden. Sprinkle over shrimp. Garnish with lime.
I made this recipe for Fall PAC 2007. What a lovely presentation. Couldn't be simpler to make and tasted great, my guests loved it.