Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe is from Southern Living Magazine. A nice Tex-Mex snack with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- Stir together the first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat for 30 seconds. Stir in sugar and honey, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add seeds; cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until toasted. Spread on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet; separate seeds, if necessary. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
I like seed snacks and this was good but I make one with tamari that I prefer the taste of. Will use it scattered over salads for a bit of crunch. Thanks for posting!