Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe because it's so easy to make and also healthy and goes with all kinds of food. I came up with it when we had unexpected company. I really wanted to make some sort of salad and this were the ingredients that I had on hand. You can use it as a salad or a salsa.
- 2 cups cooked black beans (or 1 15oz can)
- 2 cups cooked corn (or 1 15oz can)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced small
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- olive oil, to taste
- red wine vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Mix all the ingredients and leave in fridge for at least 1 hour for best taste.
- I often add: 1-2 minced jalapeno peppers.1 pinch of sugar. Lemon juice instead of vinegar; Bell peppers instead of tomatoes; Different kinds of beans.
We took this to a friends house last night for dinner and it was a huge hit! We served it with tortilla chips alongside some hot spinach and artichoke dip another guest brought! Thanks for posting! [Made for PRMR tag April 2010]!
This was delicious! I loved the fresh tomatoes with it. On the second day, I followed JackieOhNo!'s review and added small pasta to it for lunch. Thanks for a good one!
Very nice recipe! I can see where this recipe could be very versatile to fit moods/tastes. I went the lemon juice route instead of vinegar, and didn't use cilantro as we really don't like it. Outside of that, this salsa is very good! I would make it again, and switch off on different beans/veggies/seasonings. I also like the idea of adding this to pasta as another reviewer noted. Made for Veggie Swap Lucky 13.