Recipe by real_e231
15 minute meal from a friend who got this from the grocery store...I cook this for friends all the time. Its so easy!
Top Review by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
I just cooked this for two days at Publix, which is the grocery store it came from. I did not drain the tomotoes and I would recommend upping the cheese to 3 tbs. and adding salt and pepper to the spinach and rice dish (I used Birds Eye rice). I used coho salmon, wild and never frozen. The customers loved this dish and were buying the ingredients to "make it tonight". Good to see it posted here.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets (no skin)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro (well drained)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (8 7/8 ounce) envelopespre-cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Santa Fe Salmon.
- Cut salmon into 4 servings; season with salt and pepper. Wash hands.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Combine tomatoes and mayonnaise in medium bowl.
- Coat both sides of salmon, using tongs, with tomato mixture and place in saute pan. Add remaining tomato mixture to pan and cover. Cook 3-5min until temperature reaches 145°F Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. Serve.
- Spinach Wild Rice. (I usually use 90 sec Uncle Ben's rice).
- Place spinach and butter in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and microwave 4 more minutes.
- Let stand 2 minutes, sprinkle with cheese, if using, and serve.