Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the book Dining by Rail another dining car recipe
Make and share this Santa Fe Rr Toasted Hot Mexican Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Warm both sides of bread under the broiler before topping with the sandwich spread.
- Place diced cooked beef, hard-boiled eggs, green chilies, pimento, celery; and Swiss cheese in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, chili sauce, and Tabasco sauce.
- Mix thoroughly and spread generously on bread slices.
- Place on baking sheet and put 5 inches under preheated broiler.
- Toast until topping is lightly browned and bubbly.