Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I adapted a Weight Watchers recipe slightly to suit my personal tastes. It is a very filling meal and a nice choice for vegetarians.
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 2-qt glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 2 tablespoons cheese. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting into six squares.