Recipe by Pinay0618
This clever combination of tastes and textures features hominy, cilantro, jicama, jalapeños, lime juice and cumin. From Bon Appetit magazine.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chilies (with seeds)
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2⁄3 cup diced peeled jicama
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 lbs medium-large yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled (about 6)
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée first 6 ingredients in blender until almost smooth. Season generously with salt. Pour dressing into medium bowl. Mix in hominy, 1/2 cup cilantro, jicama and onion. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Steam potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; peel. Cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place in large bowl. Add hominy mixture and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cilantro. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.).