Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1/2 cup sauce, 1/2 cup pasta, and about 4 strips grilled chicken. Per serving: 302 calories, 7.2 g fat, 24.5 g protein, 34.6 g carb, 3.8 g fiber, 54 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 3⁄4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (weighing about 4 ounces each)
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet; heat over medium heat.
- Add in onion and garlic; stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium-low; stir in salsa and tomato sauce; cook 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in corn and next 4 ingredients; cook 4 minutes or until well heated; keep sauce warm.
- Season chicken breasts w/ salt and pepper; place chicken on a heated grill with grill rack that has been coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Slice chicken lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Place pasta on individual plates; spoon sauce over pasta; top with chicken strips and garnish with jalapeno slices.