Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
With Southwestern-style dressing, corn, peppers and fresh cilantro, this is an addicting, refreshing, chicken meal. This cold Santa Fe Pasta chicken salad, is one of my favorites on a long list of pasta side dishes. (Excellent with leftover turkey too.)
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 4 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked corn kernel
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro, leaves-no stems
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell peppers
- 1 whole chicken breast, cooked and diced (Prepare chicken in your favorite manner I use a pressure Cooker. Cooking a whole chicken)
- 1 1⁄4 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the pasta by bringing water to a rolling boil in a large saucepan.
- Add pasta to the pan, and when water begins to boil again, cook for 8-11 minutes.
- Pasta should be al dente, or mostly tender but with a slight toughness in the middle.
- Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill the dressing until you're ready to use it.
- When pasta is done, pour it into a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pasta, and toss until combined.
- Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
great salad ! try spicy v8 for more kick.
This is so light and refreshing - I take this to potluck luncheons and everyone raves.