Recipe by SJG3483
This pasta bake is hearty one-dish meal. Adjust the seasoning to make it hot or mild. Switch the choice of beans or vegetables to vary the recipe if you wish.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup firm tofu, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 cups picante sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the spinach and combine with tofu, milk, and oregano in a food processor Heat oil in skillel and cook garlic until fragrant.
- Combine tomato paste and water, stirring until well mizxed.
- Add beans, picante sauce, tomato paste mixture, and chili poweder and mix well Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix with pasta.
- Add half of pasta mix to a greased baking dish, then add spinach mixture, and top with remaining pasta mixture Bake covered at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes.
- Let stand several minutes before serving.