Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from the Food section of the local newspaper. They credited it to Cacique. I posted it as written, but unless you're eating this as your main dish I think it's more like 6 servings.
- 1 cup Mexican crema (Crema Salvadorena)
- 3⁄4 cup queso fresco, shredded (Jalapeno)
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix pasta with butter. Add Crema Salvadorena, cheeses, garlic, chilies, onion, pepper and cilantro.
- Season to taste and pour into large casserole dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.