Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the back of Kraft Mexican Style Four Cheese package. Yet to try.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mexican style finely shredded four cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook and stir chicken, onions and peppers in nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in salsa and corn.
- Arrange 6 tortillas on bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish, cover with layers of 1/2 each chicken mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers, cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through, removing foil after 30 mintues.
- Let stand 5 mintues.
I made this exactly as the recipe was written on the Kraft site. (OK, I used a store brand salsa instead of Taco Bell) It's very good but it's lacking something. I'm not sure what it needs to spice it up, perhaps some Jalapeno's or simply the use of a hot salsa instead of medium. I may try shredded pepper-jack cheese instead of the Mexican 4 cheese blend. I will make it again but will try to perk it up a bit. I also used red peppers instead of green, my wife doesn't like the bitterness of green peppers.