Recipe by Ann Arber
This is the best chicken we have ever eaten. Tastes like chicken in salsa dip. I got this online from Southern food site checken from Cindy. Putting it here so my family and I will never forget how to make it. Yummy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- cold water (a little)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- shredded cheddar cheese, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beans, and corn and 1 cup of salsa in bottom of crock pot.
- Place the cut up chicken on top.
- Put the last 1/2 cup of salsa on the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3 hours maximum.
- Add 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed in with a little cold water and stir a minute.
- Add the cream cheese chunks and stir a second.
- Put back on high until cheese is melted.
- Serve on rice with or without the cheddar cheese, or plain without rice.