3 hrs 5 mins
Ann Arber's Note:
This is the best chicken we have ever eaten. Tastes like chicken in salsa dip. I got this online from Southern food site checken from Cindy. Putting it here so my family and I will never forget how to make it. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- cold water (a little)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- shredded cheddar cheese, as desired
- 1Place the beans, and corn and 1 cup of salsa in bottom of crock pot.
- 2Place the cut up chicken on top.
- 3Put the last 1/2 cup of salsa on the chicken.
- 4Cook on high for 3 hours maximum.
- 5Add 1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed in with a little cold water and stir a minute.
- 6Add the cream cheese chunks and stir a second.
- 7Put back on high until cheese is melted.
- 8Serve on rice with or without the cheddar cheese, or plain without rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 461.6
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 576.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g