Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious soup for a brisk fall day. I always serve this soup with a nice tossed salad. You can make this soup more spicier by adding more chillies or peppers if preferred.
- 14.79 ml margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 354.88 ml milk
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 226.79 g package pork sausage, cooked & crumbled
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion & pepper. Cook until translucent. Gently stir in milk, soup, corn, sausage, green chilies, swiss cheese and pepper. Bring the stew to a boil and serve.
When going to the freezer to pull out the sausage for this soup, I only found polska kielbasa and no bulk sausage. I decided that the smokiness of the kielbasa would be a nice blend with the other flavors and gave it a go. I was not sorry. This soup is thick and hearty, and excellent for warming up on a rainy day.