Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy Southwestern salad that is lowfat and good for you. Tasty too!
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (I use Rojo or Resers, uncooked not sauce style)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans (S&W reduced salt is good)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- Mix all together.
- Let stand 1/2 hour ("cooking time" is standing time).
- Serve in lettice lined bowl if desired.
- (For extra flavor you could sprinkle on some Taco Spice from a Spice Pack - like McCormick or Lawry's - adds a ton of sodium though!).
My Neice made this for her Mother's 50th Birthday party that had a south of the Border theme. We loved it. We had fresh ingredients and used them instead of canned. Thanks for sharing