Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on cafemom.com...my husband really likes beef stew and I'm always looking for new types
- 3 lbs stewing beef, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups college inn bold beef stock, Beef Sirloin
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped chipotle chile in adobo (to taste)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) candel monte whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. Brown beef in oil in large skillet over medium heat, stirring until all sides are brown. Place meat in slow cooker.
- 2. Sprinkle flour, chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to coat well. Add undrained tomatoes and all remaining ingredients.
- 3. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 or 11 hours or on high for about 5 to 6 hours. Stir thoroughly before serving.
- * 6 servings.
- Variation: Jalapeno pepper may be substituted.