- 1⁄4 cup hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat toast pepper flakes, chili powder and oregano, stirring or shaking the pan for 2 minutes.
- Do not put your face over the pan to take a wiff, but you want to smell the aroma of roasted chili's.
- Remove and cool.
- Pour into a spice grinder and whirl to fine powder.
- In a bowl stir together spice mixture, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Store in a Jar.