Prep 1 hr
Cook 6 mins
A spicy, filling chicken wrap that is good for lunch or a light dinner.
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, each sliced into 4 long strips
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 poblano pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 8 strips
- 4 scallions, trimmed
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas, heated
- 1 large plum tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 4 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the canned chipotle chilies)
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup yogurt, chipotle chilies, lime juice, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken strips; toss to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Use a lightly oiled indoor or outdoor grill.
- Grill chicken strips, pepper strips, and scallions over medium-high heat about three minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To assemble wraps: Layer 1/2 cup rice, 2 chicken strips, 1/4 of the vegetables and tomato, 1 tablespoon yogurt, and 1 teaspoon adobo sauce in a thick horizontal strip across the bottom third of each tortilla (don't let the ingredients touch the edges).
- Roll up burrito style--fold in the two sides and roll up bottom to top.
- Cut each wrap in half on the bias and serve.