This is loosely based on a Rachael Ray recipe but changed slightly to make preparation easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (You can use 2 if you like things spicier)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled and diced
- 4 cups tortilla chips, broken up
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Heat the oil in a Dutch oven and add the chicken.
- 2Season with the poultry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 3Lightly brown the chicken.
- 4Add the zucchini, onion, garlic and chipotle pepper.
- 5Cook the vegetables with the chicken 5 to 7 minutes to soften.
- 6Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock.
- 7Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- 8Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 9Add the corn and roasted red pepper to the soup and heat through.
- 10At this point, you can stir the crushed tortilla chips into the soup but I prefer to divide them between the soup dishes and ladle the hot soup over them.
- 11Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.2 mg
- Sodium 839.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo