1/1 Photo of Santa Fe Chicken Soup
1 hr 15 mins
This quick and easy soup is filled with robust flavors, feeds a crowd, and is a real pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup celery (finely diced)
- 12 cups chicken stock (homemade or canned)
- 14 1/2 ounces Del Monte zesty jalapeno pepper diced tomato
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 16 ounces black bean and rice mix (2 boxes Zataran black beans and rice)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag pictsweet frozen corn and black beans
- 14 ounces black beans
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cumin. Grill for 5 minutes each side. Let them rest while you make the rest of the soup.
- 2Heat your dutch oven over high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, add onions, celery and garlic. Allow onions to brown slightly.
- 3Add chicken stock, tomatoes, corn, black beans and rice. Bring to a gentle boil. Add cumin, coriander and cilantro. Cook until beans and rice are done, approximately 25 minutes.
- 4Cut chicken breasts into one inch cubes and add to the soup. Allow another 10 to 15 minutes to continue to cook.
- 5Serve with a dollop of sour cream, some corn chips with guacamole -- for a complete dinner.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 628.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Del Monte zesty jalapeno pepper diced tomato
black bean and rice mix
frozen corn and black beans