Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is a chicken sandwich that we like to grill in the summer. It is an attempt to have a homemade version of the Carl's Jr. sandwich. Sometimes we substitute pepper jack for the cheese. Sometimes we add tomato slices or red onion..have fun with it!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade (Lawry's is best)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies
- 4 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade the chicken in the marinade in a shallow glas bowl or pan for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat your barbecue to a medium heat. Pound the chicken to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side or until done.
- In a small bowl, combine mayo, paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Brown the cut side of the hamburger buns in a hot pan. I usually lightly butter them first.
- Spread a tablespoon on the cut faces (top and bottom) bun. On the bottom, place a lettuce leaf. Cut open a chile and place it on top of the lettuce so that is covers most of the lettuce. Place the chicken on the chile then the slice of cheese, then the top bun.