This is a chicken sandwich that we like to grill in the summer. It is an attempt to have a homemade version of the Carl's Jr. sandwich. Sometimes we substitute pepper jack for the cheese. Sometimes we add tomato slices or red onion..have fun with it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinade the chicken in the marinade in a shallow glas bowl or pan for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2Preheat your barbecue to a medium heat. Pound the chicken to an even 1/2 inch thickness. Grill the chicken for 5-8 minutes per side or until done.
- 3In a small bowl, combine mayo, paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper and salt.
- 4Brown the cut side of the hamburger buns in a hot pan. I usually lightly butter them first.
- 5Spread a tablespoon on the cut faces (top and bottom) bun. On the bottom, place a lettuce leaf. Cut open a chile and place it on top of the lettuce so that is covers most of the lettuce. Place the chicken on the chile then the slice of cheese, then the top bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.8 mg
- Sodium 3385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: