Recipe by MarieRynr
This recipe makes four composed salads that are delicious and fun to make. Lettuce is piled on each plate, then tomatoes and green onions are sprinkled on. Next come the yummy slices of grilled chicken and a handful of tortilla 'crispies.' Finish with a ranch salsa dressing.
Top Review by Stinkerbell
This is a really good salad. Not only is it nice and attractive but delicious as well. The dressing is fantastic and the tortilla crispies are what tips it over the top. Thanks for a delicious recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 5 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- In a gallon size plastic bag or 9x9 baking dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- Place chicken in mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chop, wash, and dry the iceberg and romaine lettuce.
- Mix and divide among four dinner-size plates.
- Divide and place the tomato and green onions among the plates.
- Sprinkle the top of each salad with shredded cheese.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil until cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, cut tortillas into three thick strips and cut each strip into'matchsticks'.
- Place on a cookie sheet and put under broiler until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Cut the chicken into strips and divide among plates.
- Top with tortilla'crispies'.
- To prepare the dressing, combine the salsa and ranch dressing in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour over each salad.