This recipe makes four composed salads that are delicious and fun to make. Lettuce is piled on each plate, then tomatoes and green onions are sprinkled on. Next come the yummy slices of grilled chicken and a handful of tortilla 'crispies.' Finish with a ranch salsa dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 5 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1In a gallon size plastic bag or 9x9 baking dish, mix together the mayonnaise and Italian dressing.
- 2Place chicken in mixture and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3Chop, wash, and dry the iceberg and romaine lettuce.
- 4Mix and divide among four dinner-size plates.
- 5Divide and place the tomato and green onions among the plates.
- 6Sprinkle the top of each salad with shredded cheese.
- 7Remove chicken from marinade and grill or broil until cooked.
- 8While chicken is cooking, cut tortillas into three thick strips and cut each strip into'matchsticks'.
- 9Place on a cookie sheet and put under broiler until golden brown.
- 10Let cool.
- 11Cut the chicken into strips and divide among plates.
- 12Top with tortilla'crispies'.
- 13To prepare the dressing, combine the salsa and ranch dressing in a blender and mix until smooth.
- 14Pour over each salad.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Santa Fe Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (766 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 990.4
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 2074.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 50.7 g