Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick to prepare, colorful and lightly spicy. An all around good dish. A Great American Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 -6 flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Discard all but 1 Tbls bacon fat.
- Rinse and seed peppers.
- Cut into strips.
- In skillet with bacon fat, add onion and peppers.
- Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and spices.
- Cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, spoon into warm tortillas and serve immediately.
- Note: These are also good if you add shredded cheddar cheese to the tortilla.
This is delicious, All my family loved this dish. I particularly liked the added bacon. I followed the recipe to a T, the mixture was enough for 6 tortillas, I also added a dollop of sour cream before serving. Thanks for posting.
My family really enjoyed this. I wish it had had a little bit more flavor though. Next time I might try to add some additional spices. But, I loved the fact that it was something the whole family liked and there was only 1 pan to clean up! Thanks for the recipe!