Recipe by BakinBaby
Flavored with chilies, goat cheese and sour cream, delish. Another favorite from my Jr. League of Phoenix Cookbook. Anaheim chiles are the long green chilies about 6" long (sometimes with another name), if they are not available in your area, you can substitute with whole canned green chiles.
Top Review by Trinkets
Wow! Loved these flavors. OUtstanding and unique way to cook the usually oh-so boring chicken. Lately I've been so bored with chicken but this recipe woke me up. I served it with Recipe #219609, for a really great meal! Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon onion (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 anaheim chilies (cut into strips & chopped)
- 2 ounces goat cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter or oil in a skillet over med heat, add onions, garlic and anaheim chiles, saute until onion is soft, set aside.
- Combine cheeses in a small bowl, set aside.
- Pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until flattened, spread 1/4 of vegetables over each chicken breast & place 1 tablespoon cheese mix in the middle of each chicken piece. Roll tightly to enclose cheese completely, secure with wooden tooth picks.
- Chill covered for 8-24 hours, then place in a baking pan and bake 350 degrees fro 30 minute or until cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter, scrape baking pan drippings into a saucepan, add sour cream and green chilies, cook over med. heat until heated through, pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice or tortillas.