Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Flavored with chilies, goat cheese and sour cream, delish. Another favorite from my Jr. League of Phoenix Cookbook. Anaheim chiles are the long green chilies about 6" long (sometimes with another name), if they are not available in your area, you can substitute with whole canned green chiles.
- Melt butter or oil in a skillet over med heat, add onions, garlic and anaheim chiles, saute until onion is soft, set aside.
- Combine cheeses in a small bowl, set aside.
- Pound chicken between sheets of plastic wrap until flattened, spread 1/4 of vegetables over each chicken breast & place 1 tablespoon cheese mix in the middle of each chicken piece. Roll tightly to enclose cheese completely, secure with wooden tooth picks.
- Chill covered for 8-24 hours, then place in a baking pan and bake 350 degrees fro 30 minute or until cooked through.
- Remove to a serving platter, scrape baking pan drippings into a saucepan, add sour cream and green chilies, cook over med. heat until heated through, pour over chicken.
- Serve with rice or tortillas.
Wow! Loved these flavors. OUtstanding and unique way to cook the usually oh-so boring chicken. Lately I've been so bored with chicken but this recipe woke me up. I served it with Cinco De Mayo Corn Salad, for a really great meal! Thanks so much for sharing.