Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on Kraftfoods.com. Its so yummy. Perfect for a cold night. It calls for fat free cream cheese and light Velvetta but ive always used regular. So you can fix it anyway you want to. I also cut down on the marinating cause I have a 4 yr old and if I go the entire 30 min its too hot for her. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix (I use store brand)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, light cut up (dont use Aldi brand of Velvetta)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- Toss chicken with fajita mix and water in a bowl:cover and refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Spray lg nonstick pan with cooking spray.
- Add garlic and cilantro;cook on med-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add chicken mixture,onion,and pepper;mix well.
- Cook 10 min or until chicken is cooked through,stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese,Velvetta,and chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to med.
- Cook until cheeses are melted and mixture is thoroughly heated,stirring occasionally.
Made for the Fall PAC 2012 Orphanage tag game. I cut the recipe in half for DH and I and we took this down to sit at the ocean....wonderful but rich. I did use homemade chicken broth and cut the cream cheese and light Velveeta cheese down (I might do so a little more) but it is a delicious soup and one I will make again.