Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A contest winning recipe from Country Woman Magazine. This is a dinner that is quick to put together.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute the chicken, peppers, garlic and onions in oil until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.