Recipe by angelfan
This is quick and easy. I adapted this from a Taste of Home Recipe. You can add green chillies or a dash of hot sauce, to spice it up a bit. I use boneless chicken breast, Also, sometimes cut them into chicken strips Yes you can cut back on the onion to your taste.
Top Review by Turkmanastan
Wow, was this a nice find! Not only was this a quick and easy meal to prepare, but it was so delicious! Looking at another review, I scaled back to a medium onion. Although when sauted enough it shouldn't make a difference. The salsa made for a wonderful mexican tasting rice and the chicken was moist and tender. I had about a 1/2 cup of mexican cheese and followed it up with 1/4 of sharp cheddar. I think the cheddar and monteray would be the better combo for this. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet (electric skillet works great) saute` onion in butter till tender.
- Add broth and salsa; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and garlic powder.
- Place chicken over rice and cover.
- Simmer on med to low heat for ten min turn chicken.
- Cook additional ten minutes or until juices in chicken run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: You may microwave chicken for ten min before placing on top sauce.